Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Letter From Daniela

As some of you may know, I have been sponsoring a little girl through Compassion International for almost 2 years now. Her name is Daniela. She is seven years old and she is from the country of Bolivia. I received a letter from her on Friday. I absolutely LOVE receiving letters from her and writing her back. She always draws me the sweetest pictures.

I decided to type up her letter in her exact words.

Hello Mikaela,
I greet you in the name of the Lord and I want to tell you that I am fine, and I approved the course and I am still with the same teacher, and I have new partners in the same school, and just today has rained and we have much waterand my family and I are well, and here in the place we live in, many children got sick with the dengue because we have many mosquitos, and I always like to make my homeworks, and to be on time, and to fulfill, how are you?

My mother will be bachelor this year, and she is studying at nights.

With love,
Daniela




Isn't that just the cutest thing? I wish I could show you the pictures she drew. She is quite the artist :) Everything she draws has smily faces on it...the clouds, the sun, the fish. One of my favorite parts of the letter this time is, written very small in the corner of the page is "te amo," which means "I love you" in Spanish. So sweet!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment